Monday, June 14, 2021

Inspired by Indian Block-Printed Textiles by Bungalow for Autumn 2021 — decor8

I nearly traveled to Jaipur twice, the last time was a few years ago with my friend Leslie for an ACE Camps adventure where we would have studied block printing together. She went, but I stayed behind because my son was too little (still in diapers) and I couldn’t imagine leaving him behind for 14 days. Now that my son is much older (he’s 7!), I’m open to India again and would love to see it.

India fascinates me… I remember when I moved to Europe in 2009 and started seeing how cleverly Europeans mixed Indian prints with more modern, European styles. The French do this so well, along with the British, Dutch, and the Danes. It truly impressed me. That’s also around the time when I discovered Minna Hildebrandt.

Minna is the Founder of the Danish home brand Bungalow, I’ve visited their stands multiple times at the larger European fairs. Like me, Minna has always been fascinated by the beauty and colors of India, the sights, smells, music, people, sounds, and intrigued by their traditional crafts and handiwork.



from Best Chandeliers And Home Lighting in UAE – Homenoon https://www.homenoon.com/dubai-life/inspired-by-indian-block-printed-textiles-by-bungalow-for-autumn-2021-decor8/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! from Homenoon https://www.homenoon.com/hello-world/