Tuesday, December 21, 2021

French Textile + Embroidery Artist Emma Cassi + Her Latest Work — decor8

I wanted to share some of the jewelry she was once making nearly full-time because it’s what brought me to Emma first so many years ago. I have several pieces of her jewelry and love them dearly.

Before I wrap up, as I know everyone is busy preparing for the holidays, I simply must highlight a special life-changing trip that Emma took with her family to Kenya in 2018. I’ll let her tell you in her own words, “We took the kids out of school for a few weeks to have time to travel around Kenya and we stayed with multiple families. We had conversations with the locals around the fire at night, listening to their ancestral customs and their dreams for the future. One evening on Masai Mara in the camp, we met a student who was helping with the building work and he was gutting a chicken while chatting about quantum physics, showing us the fragility and the softness of the eggs inside the open animal…”

This short film was made by her son, Anton Bosredon, and it’s definitely worth seeing so please take a few minutes to watch it. Anton interviews children who live in Kenya, “In June 2018, I traveled to Kenya. I visited 5 schools and interviewed children for a school documentary project. I asked children about their dream job, their worries, what they get for their birthday…” It was really revealing to me in many ways and made me think a lot about how I am raising my son and what values I am giving him, etc.

I’m so happy that I got to share Emma with you today dear friends. I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas – I’ll be back soon to wish you a Happy New Year, but until then, I hope you enjoy the holidays.

FOLLOW EMMA HERE:

https://emmacassi.com/

Silkbyemmacassi

Love,

Holly

(images with permission: Emma Cassi)



from Best Chandeliers And Home Lighting in Dubai, UAE – Homenoon https://www.homenoon.com/dubai-life/french-textile-embroidery-artist-emma-cassi-her-latest-work-decor8/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! from Homenoon https://www.homenoon.com/hello-world/